Covid Guidance Update
Safety remains our highest priority as LSSH continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Guidelines remain in place to ensure the safety of everyone and reduce risk of infection. Below is a summary of the expectations for all visitors and healthcare workers that enter LSSH.
Louisiana Department of Health recommends that everyone entering LSSH is required to always wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
- This includes all patients, visitors, and members of our team, even in non-clinical areas
- Masks may be removed when eating/drinking in designated areas
Everyone will be screened upon entry to LSSH for symptoms, including:
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4°F
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Congestion that differs from their typical seasonal allergies
- Body aches
- Loss of smell/taste
- Active COVID infection/pending testing or recent exposure
Anyone that answers “YES” to any of the screening symptoms, will not be allowed entry into the facility.
- Preoperative COVID-19 testing is performed at the request of your physician.
Everyone is expected to maintain a social distance (6 feet or more) when appropriate
- All patients are allowed two healthy visitors over the age of 18 to accompany them to the hospital. Exceptions are made for pediatric and special needs patients.
We strongly encourage everyone in Acadiana to roll up their sleeves and get vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals are at a substantially higher risk for developing severe symptoms that may require hospitalization. Please help us slow the spread of COVID-19 for ourselves, our community, and the entire Louisiana healthcare system.
Please contact LSSH at 769-4100 if you have any questions. Stay safe!
Jayme Trahan, M.D.
A native of Acadiana, Dr. Trahan is a neurosurgeon specializing in minimally invasive spinal surgery. He feels it is an honor and privilege to treat the patients of this great community
-Sharon, Lafayette, LA
We are very excited to announce that Dr. Jason Cormier of Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital recently performed the first procedure in the world utilizing the Mirus IO™ Expandable Lumbar Interbody, a new device for spinal neurosurgery. Our board-certified neurological surgeons are experts in their craft and specialize in minimally-invasive procedures designed to minimize damage to sensitive tissues surrounding the nervous system.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
High quality healthcare you need and the compassionate hospitality you deserve
Our hospital features a warm, modern atmosphere with local artwork, tasteful décor and a wonderful ambiance that makes you feel at home.