Bonus: $5000 sign on bonus
Position Open: Surgical/Scrub Technician
Status: Full Time
Shift: Monday – Friday | Days
To Start: ASAP
Must meet the following requirements:
Education: Completion of a school of surgical technology or the equivalent in clinical surgery training/ experience.
Experience: One (1) to three (3) years previous surgery experience in at least two (2) specialty areas preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Current CPR Certification
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Performs scrub activities based on principles of aseptic technique, infection control, universal precautions guidelines, environmental control, and life safety guidelines: anticipates needs of patient and surgeon; demonstrates critical thinking skills and prioritize activities when performing the scrub role; under supervision of the RN, demonstrates ability to prepare medications for procedures to be used by physicians; knows of routine drugs used intra-operatively, dosages, and/or concentration and appropriate route of administration.
- Prepares and knows the specific uses of equipment, instrumentation and supplies used for surgical procedures.
- Locates and operates equipment. Handles and operates equipment properly. Initiates service request and reports to supervisor action taken when malfunction of equipment occurs.
- Performs scrub role, without assistance by locating supplies, equipment, and instruments; prepares operating room utilizing preference cards to set up surgical instruments and equipment; independently prepares the sterile field for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients for the intra-operative experience; differentiates and demonstrates knowledge of sterilization methods required for instruments or equipment.
- Implements and maintains preference cards in an updated complete form utilizing automated process and clinical information systems appropriately and efficiently.
- Identifies potential risks to patients: identifies risks to patients in order to reduce incidence of injury; identifies actions to eliminate, minimize or report risks; identifies procedures to follow in the event of an incident; reports processes for common problems, failures and user errors.
- Adheres to all Hospital Policies and Procedures, specifically Guidelines for Appropriate Conduct, Corporate Compliance, Diversity, and Confidentiality.
- Applies the principles and values of customer service and continuous quality improvement while performing day-to-day activities of the position.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality regarding all aspects of patient care, personnel and strategic issues.
Maintains positive working relationships and fosters cooperative work environment.