Position Open: Radiology Manager
Status: Full Time
Shift: Monday – Friday
To Start ASAP
Radiology Technologist Manager
Education:Graduate of an AMA-approved program in Radiologic Technology.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience as a technologist; one (1) year supervisory experience.
Required License/Certifications: Current CPR certification; registration through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the Louisiana State Board of Radiologic Technologist is required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Supervises the tasks/workflow at all LSSH Radiology locations; communicates collaboratively with the CNO to resolve issues and develop systems to facilitate overall functions of Radiology; responsible for assuring preventive maintenance of equipment as well as any necessary maintenance of equipment; supervises training of Radiology employees to assure the staff has necessary skills and expertise to provide quality patient care.
- Demonstrates compliance with state, federal and accrediting body standard in radiology.
- Performs all duties of a staff Radiology Tech according to the job description for that position.
- Ensures that all Radiology staff at all LSSH locations are adequately trained and comply with all polices, procedures, and protocols related to the Radiation Protection Program.
- Maintains all records related to radiation safety and monitoring.
- Active member of the Radiation Safety Committee.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, ability to organize and delegate to respond to urgent or emergent situations; demonstrates decision-making skills based on accurate information and/or analysis of data.
- Evaluates accuracy and technical quality of radiological exams and procedures to assure compliance with established policy at all LSSH locations.
Directs the functions of Radiology in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standards: reviews department policies, procedures, manuals, job descriptions, etc., at least annually, and participates in making recommended changes; interprets department policies and procedures to personnel, patients/family members, etc., as necessary; assists in cost containment development of the department within budgeted parameters; reviews and evaluates department’s work force and make recommendations to the CNO; evaluates employee performance, and make recommendations to the CNO.
- Conducts staff meetings as needed to share information, problem solve and provide and receive feedback.
- Adheres to all Hospital Policies and Procedures, specifically Guidelines for Appropriate Conduct, Corporate Compliance, Diversity, and Confidentiality.
- Identifies potential risks to patients: identifies risks to patients in order to reduce incidence of injury; identifies actions to eliminate, minimize or report risks; identifies procedures to follow in the event of an incident; reports processes for common problems, failures and user errors.
- Demonstrates the spirit of the philosophy, mission, and values of the hospital through words and actions and implements them into departmental processes, programs, and the working environment.
- Applies the principles and values of customer service and continuous quality improvement while performing day-to-day activities of the position.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality regarding all aspects of patient care, personnel and strategic issues.