Time: As Per Department Needs
To Start: ASAP
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Prior Housekeeping / hospital experience required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Assures housekeeping supplies are stocked daily and according to established PAR levels.
- Performs proper terminal cleaning daily per hospital policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates proper decontamination of clinical areas, equipment, and non-disposable supplies according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Recommends appropriate revisions to new or existing policies and procedures when appropriate.
- Assists with maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly environment, adheres to safety and infection control requirements.
- Maintains proper attire while in the operating room and restricted areas; including use of personal protective equipment.
- Follows standard precautions and safe practices in handling of biohazardous material, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintains janitorial closets in a clean and orderly fashion to prevent a hazardous environment.
- Post appropriate safety signs to assure a safe environment is maintained for patients, visitors, and all staff. Reports chemical spills immediately to management and understands MDRO sheets in case of exposure.
- Assures that chemicals are used, stored and maintained in a safe manner according to manufacturer’s recommendations and reports any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Keeps the patient environment clean at all times using standard procedures in cleaning and maintenance of rooms, offices and common areas.
- Identifies potential risks to patients in order to reduce incidence of injury; identifies actions to eliminate, minimize or report risks; identifies procedures to follow in the event of an incident; reports processes for common problems, failures and user errors.
- Demonstrates the spirit of the philosophy, mission, and values of the hospital through words and actions and implements them into departmental processes, programs, and the working environment.
- Adheres to all Hospital Policies and Procedures, specifically Guidelines for Appropriate Conduct, Corporate Compliance, Diversity, and Confidentiality.
- Applies the principles and values of customer service and continuous quality improvement while performing day-to-day activities of the position.
- Maintains positive working relationships and fosters cooperative work environment.
- Displays honesty and mutual respect when communicating with peers and other departments.
- Follows through on problems that may compromise effective job performance by using appropriate chain of command.