Louisiana Department of Health mandates that everyone entering LSSH is required to always wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
- This includes all patients, visitors, and members of our team, even in non-clinical areas
- Masks may be removed when eating/drinking in designated areas
Everyone will be screened upon entry to LSSH for symptoms, including:
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4°F
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Congestion that differs from their typical seasonal allergies
- Body aches
- Loss of smell/taste
- Active COVID infection/pending testing or recent exposure
Anyone that answers “YES” to any of the screening symptoms, will not be allowed entry into the facility.
Effective August 1, 2021, a pre-operative COVID test is required within 7 days of scheduled surgery
- Testing is now offered at LSSH for scheduled surgical patients.
Everyone is expected to maintain a social distance (6 feet or more) when appropriate
- Patients staying overnight are allowed are allowed one (1) visitor over the age of 18
- Outpatient and Pain Management patients are allowed one adult visitor to remain in the lobby.
We understand that communication is so very important when your loved one is having surgery. To ease the distance between our patients and their loved ones due to visitor restrictions we have implemented the use of EASE, an electronic means of sending updates using your mobile device. Please download the EASE app prior to your arrival.
Scan this QR code to begin your download:
We strongly encourage everyone in Acadiana to roll up their sleeves and get vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals are at a substantially higher risk for developing severe symptoms that may require hospitalization. Please help us slow the spread of COVID-19 for ourselves, our community, and the entire Louisiana healthcare system.
Please contact LSSH at 769-4100 if you have any questions. Stay safe!