Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital, an affiliate of National Surgical Healthcare, is seeking an OR (Operating Room) Manager for our facility located in Lafayette, Louisiana. Under the direction of the CNO, this position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned patient units.
Maintains unit staffing; responds to personnel and process needs of the assigned unit.
Manages urgent and emergent situations as they arise.
Facilitates communication and patient care needs inter/ intradepartmentally.
Essential Job Functions
- Is accountable for overall supervision of tasks, workflow on the unit: Communicates collaboratively with the CNO to resolve Issues and develop system to facilitate the overall functions of assigned unit; develops and posts time schedules and makes necessary changes in order to provide patient care and proper staff utilization.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, ability to organize and delegate to respond to urgent or emergent situations. Demonstrates decision-making skills based on accurate information and/ or analysis of data.
- Interprets, executes and enforces the policies and procedures of the hospital and the nursing department
- Staffs and manages the personnel activities of the assigned unit: in collaboration with the CNO, interviews, selects and evaluates staff; applies promotional/disciplinary action toward all employees supervised; ensures that all subordinate personnel maintain competency to work within their own employment classification and scope of service; completes employee performance evaluations based on clearly stated expectations and employee competencies.
- Conducts staff meetings to share information, problem solve and provide and receive feedback
- Reports all problems or patient complaints to Chief Nursing Officer and initiates immediate steps to correct problems when appropriate.
- Utilizes concepts of age/ developmental stages in interactions with patients and families.
- Adheres to all Hospital Policies and Procedures, specifically Guidelines for Appropriate Conduct, Corporate Compliance, Diversity, and Confidentiality
- Identifies potential risks to patients: identifies risks to patients in order to reduce incidence of injury; identifies actions to eliminate, minimize or report risks; identifies procedures to follow in the event of an incident; reports processes for common problems, failures and user errors.
- Demonstrates the spirit of the philosophy, mission, and values of the hospital through words and actions and implements them into departmental processes, programs, and the working environment.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Experience: Minimum three (3) years experience as RN in a hospital setting with two (2) years demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability.
Required License/Certifications: Current RN licensure by the State Board of Nursing of Louisiana. Current CPR certification required.
Preferred License/Certifications: ACLS/PALS Certification
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem-solving skills.